Monday, July 2, 2012

Twenty-Sixth Week Email


Hello Family & Friends!

Another week in Korea has been so much fun. I love the countryside and the people. I have been learning so much and teaching so much so I'm just happy these days. It's getting a little warm these days but It's not near as bad as I thought it was going to be. My new companion has to be one of the funniest kids that I know. He's an exact copy of my MTC companion and it makes him so mad because everybody in the mission keeps on telling him that. My District is awesome and I knew everybody in it before I got here so there wasn't an awkward get to know people moment. I'm really just happy these days.
 
I think one thing that has contributed to my happiness is from some of the people I have been meeting. We have an Investigator who we saw 4 times last week including church and he's really taking in everything amazingly. We had only planned 2 meetings with him but our Member's are amazing and took us all out to dinner one night. I think one of the most amazing things to see is when the gospel enters into somebody's life and completely fills it with happiness. If it can happen in my life I know that it can happen in anybody's life. Elder Ward and I have been going no stop since I got here and it has just been amazing.
 
Sorry it can be so hard to explain how I feel through an e-mail but I hope that got the point across. I'm just learning so much every day it's hard to keep up with everything. Elder Ward and I have been having a hard time finding new people these days and we have talked about it pretty much every day. We have constantly read through the chapter in Preach My Gospel on how to find new people and we have tried a lot of new things. We went for about a week without having much success and it was getting a little frustrating but as soon as we started to feel that way here come's two men from Napal.... haha. They walked up to us and started talking and we talked for about 10 minutes. They spoke pretty decent english and they ended up giving us their number. These two are originally Hindu but ever since they have came to Korea they have been reading the bible and attending church which they can't understand because of the language barrier. One of them even had a necklace with a picture of Jesus on it. After they left I don't think my completely shocked expression went away for the rest of the day. So we're planning on meeting with them next week and seeing where that goes.
 
I'm sorry that I sound so strange in this e-mail but I'm honestly just happy these days. I'm super tired and super happy. I think my knuckle on my right hand is bruised a little because all we do is 가가호호 (Door to door) but that is really my only complaint. I love all of you and I hope that your week is amazing.
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment