Monday, July 16, 2012

Twenty-Eighth Week Email

Hey Tawns,

Well another week has flown by. I felt like I was just writing all of
you yesterday and now it feels like I have nothing to talk about haha.
I just got back from the Expo (again) because we have three new people
in my district so they wanted to go. But we were able to see so many
cool things that we weren't able to see last time. We also met a ton
of new people and had a great time with just talking to people from
all around the world.

So Korea is great as usual. The people are amazing, food is great,
weather is super hot and humid, and the language is coming a long
slowly. It's so easy for me to sum up a week like that. And I always
want anyone who is reading this to feel the same excitment I feel when
something amazing happens during my day to day life. It can be hard to
think of something to write about but I know that so many amazing
things happen every day in Korea. But the other day as I was reading
through a liahona I found a pretty interesting story. I was reading
about a tour guide in machu pichu (I really have no idea how to spell
that) and he talked about never losing wonder in such an amazing
thing. He talked about other tour guides and how they would give tours
for 45 minutes while he gave tours for 3 hours. It made him sad to see
some of his coworkers lose interest in something that they loved so
much at one point. And that really made me think about my mission so
far. I've started to notice that over time small things of Korea seem
so normal to me. I even find myself pointing out foreigners like the
little kids do to Elder Ward and I. I know it's such a criticle thing
to really adopt this culture and get use to it but I've really been
trying not to let Korea lose some of it's amazing aspects. The article
gave me a lot of great advice about how to apply that to all aspects
of life, including the gospel. So I promise I will try to always keep
my letter's as interesting as possible because I really do love Korea
and I love being here.

Well the missionary work in Gwangyang is going great. We have a few
people we meet with multiple times a week and who have now started
attending church. Which really is such a criticle step for anyone to
really progress. And I'm not going to lie Sundays can always seem
super hard to plan for and can be a little stressful. But by the end
of the day after we say goodbye to our investigators, visit less
actives with the branch members, and lock the church up it always
turns out to be such an amazing day. But yeah everything is turning
out amazing in Gwangyang and I love it here.

I hope all of you have an amazing week. I love you all so much and
I'll talk to you later.

젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment