Sunday, July 8, 2012

Twenty-Seventh Week Email

안녕하세요!

Well hey there everyone. As always I had another awesome week in
Korea. It's starting to be super hot and humid at all times but it's
still not as bad as I thought it would be. I basically just carry a
fan around with me when I'm at home.

Well this week was pretty interesting. We had President and Sister
Furniss come and visit our branch and give talks so that was always
awesome to spend all day with President. They took us to our Branch
President's house (coolest guy ever) for lunch and we started on our
"to the rescue program" which is where we visit the less actives in
the ward and just have fun with them and share a message. It was so
much fun to be able to do that with our Mission President and His
Wife. After all of that we went back to our place where we had a
famous Sister Furniss house inspection..... We got a perfect score and
they could not stop talking about how clean it was. Last p-day I spent
2 hours on our tiny kitchen and Elder Ward spent 2 hours in the
bathroom so they were so happy. We also had interviews with President
and he's probably the most wisdom filled person I know.

Well something President and Sister Furniss made me realize was the
concept of realizing everything we have in this life. I think on my
mission where I haven't had all of the day to day distractions that I
had before the mission, I have been able to recognize so much that has
been going on around me. I was telling Sister Furniss about the small
miracles I have seen on my mission. Something that really stuck out to
me yesterday was during sacrament meeting. We have a part member
family in our branch and they are one of the closest families I have
ever seen. They took us out to lunch and they have so much fun with
eachother and you can really see how much they love eachother. Well
yesterday as I was listening to the talks her husband who is not a
member walked in to sacrament meeting and quietly sat down. She was
sitting up front because she conducts the music so I could see the
expression that came to her face when her husband walked in. Probably
one of the most happy pure moments I have seen since I have came to 광양
Gwangyang. This look of pure happiness and love for someone that she
cares about so much was such an amazing thing to see. It really made
me think about the amazing oppurtunities I have to share the gospel
with the people that I love and that I care about. I have told all of
you countless times that I'm just super happy and super tired at all
times. And I'm probably going to be telling all of you that for a
while. Mainly because it's true. I'm am so grateful that I can be in
this little country city on the south end of South Korea at this time
in my life.

So I know it's not seeing an angel or seeing someone being brought
back from the dead like the scriptures. But it was a small miracle
that I was able to recognize because of what I have learned from my
mission. I hope that all of you can better recognize the amazing
moments that we are blessed with in this life. And I hope all of you
know that I love you so much. Have a great week and I promise you that
I will.

젠슨 장로

p.s. Happy birthday to my Brother Travy and happy birthday to Tawni
and Grams on the 11th. 생일 죽하합니다! (birthday congratulations!)

No comments:

Post a Comment