Sunday, September 8, 2013

Eighty-First Week Email

안녕하세요?

   Here I am again haha. Another fast week and a lot happened but I'm not exactly sure what to tell you about. We did have a few interesting meetings this week. So as a district we all head over to a very busy place and we do surveys on religion and english, or we just go out and set up a table and street boards and talk to people once a week. It's really fun and I'm sure a lot of missionary's probably didn't have these kinds of activities but Korea is a pretty great place. Well we went down to the busy part of my area last week and set up pretty much all of the activities. We do have a 16 missionary district so we set up a few stations and it turned out really nice. It was a vacation day because it was Korea's independence day so there was a flash mob of kids from a arts high school and they played one of the most amazing songs I have seen. But as they were packing up to leave I was asking people to fill out some surveys and I just hear "hello Elder are you from Utah?" This little high school kid who is really good at English was standing there with his friends. I was just blown away and we just talked for a little bit. Well turns out that he did a home stay program with a family up in Idaho and they were all really active members of the church. We couldn't talk long but he just told me how he would go out to church with the family and how he was just Mormon when he lived there. It was sad that he had to leave fast but I got his contact information and he took a 45 minute train to come to Daejeon to meet us last night. It was such a fun lesson because he knew everything about us. So it basically came down to just talking about how he felt when he was going to church. He really surprised us by saying he felt just safe at church in Idaho and he felt the same way when they would read the Book of Mormon every night as a family. It was such a fun lesson and he should be coming to our YSA activity tonight for the stake.

   We just met a bunch of new people just like that kid all week long. And we had some great meetings. We did had our Recent Convert in our ward come out to one lesson to help us but our investigator wasn't able to make it. But we hadn't eaten all day so our Recent convert just took us out to dinner and he really needed it. When he came he was really quiet when he is usually so sarcastic and loud. So it gave us a great opportunity to just have dinner with him and we talked a lot. It basically came down to it was just one of those days where he didn't feel too great and him and Elder Allan have the best friendship so after about half an hour we were all just laughing again.

   That has to be one of the best things about missionary work these days. We are meeting so many new people and building really great relationships. We were talking with our other recent convert who is preparing to go on a mission and he really loves being with the missionaries. We go with him every week to visit a member who is in the hospital to give him the sacrament and he's probably one of the best people that I know. High school seniors are the busiest kids every in Korea but he still finds a way to tell his teacher that he's sick and leaves the study time to come out and do a survey with all of us missionaries. I really hope that we aren't affecting his study and his education but he has been preparing so much to go on a mission when he finishes high school. I wish I would have taken that time as seriously as he is right now and he hasn't even been a member for a year. I absolutely love the new people I get to meet and talk to on a daily basis.

Well I have to get going. I'm spending the entire day cleaning and rearranging the house. I'm sure that my family did not believe that I would do something like that but I'm exciting to clean haha. I love all of you and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment