Sunday, September 8, 2013

Eighty-Second Week Email

안녕하세요?

   Well another transfer call pday and I am actually staying here in Daejeon in the Sunhwa ward. I do have a pretty interesting companion though. So I don't know if you can remember or not but when I was in the MTC we had a friend Elder Gibbons who went home. Well he came back to the mission a few transfers ago and now he's going to be my companion.

   Other than the transfer news we had a really great week last week. We also saw some pretty great miracles. We pretty much knew Elder Allan was going to leave so we used that to our advantage to visit a lot of people and talk to a lot of the people we were working with. One of my best friends here who's name is Minnie has been working with missionaries for a very long time. Well we talked to her the other day after english class and Elder Allan is just amazing with people. But we just listened to her. We listened to her and I think that has made a giant difference with everybody we have been working with. Elder Allan and I have been doing training lately these days and it's not because I'm an "old experienced wise missionary" (trust me I'm not) but I tell him the common mistakes I have seen as a missionary. Missionaries who sit down and use a form as a check list to see what they have to teach people. If you're familiar with missionary work you have seen those forms before. We also focused a lot these week on asking questions and listening. It was completely different. Elder Allan did such an amazing job with it that we just saw some amazing things. But I also had to give a talk yesterday in sacrament so a few of our members who haven't been coming out to church helped me with my talk and came out to see me stumble my way through the Korean to give the talk. And our member's absolutely loved these people. Minnie has to be the most popular person in the ward and she has so many friends. I was completely blown away. There are so many amazing people that we have been working with who have some of the best relationships with the other member's but for some reason or another they haven't been coming out to church. We also had brother Kim come out the last 3 weeks and he's planning on introducing us to his family sometime. And the exact same thing happened with Brother Kim and the members. They absolutely loved having him there and it was such a welcoming for him to come out.

   Without even noticing it these two amazing people had such a great time at church and I'm just praying they will keep on coming out and having a great time. Minnie even blew our bishop a kiss as we were leaving and he has to be one of the best people I know because he just caught it and blew one back and made Minnie just lose it. It was such a great day at church yesterday.

   We also had a great time with our Bishop this last week. He took us out the other night for some dog soup and we had the best talk about the ward. Our Ward hasn't been exactly known for missionary work ever but Bishop Lee is just the best. I've never had this kind of relationship with my Bishop and Ward Mission Leader before and it makes such a difference for working. They are really active with contacting some of the members who haven't been out to church for a long time. Especially with some of the new rules for visiting less actives where we can only go with members unless we already have a good relationship with them, makes visiting a little difficult. But they are very active and we are seeing a difference.

   Life is great and I hope everything is going great for all of you. I love you and I love being here in Korea.

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment