Monday, September 30, 2013

Eighty-Fifth Week Email

안녕하세요?

   Well for some reason I keep on finding myself sitting here and e-mailing you and it feels like I just did it yesterday. But we had a pretty interesting week here in Daejeon.

   I started the week off with a split in the Samsung Ward. We have two elders over there trying to set up a foreigner branch and the was my first full attempt on what they call foreigner hunting haha. And I have always talked to foreigners if I see them but something about only aiming for foreigners was a pretty strange concept. But after a few awkward street contacts it turned out to be pretty fun. Us foreign missionaries do have this nice little wall called the Korean language. But it was just really different speaking English to teach lessons and street contact all day long. It was really nice to speak a little more freely but I think I still prefer the wall of the Korean language. We also taught some great people they are meeting with and it turned out to be just a great split. Nothing ever goes to plan on splits but I still love all of the craziness of splits.

   Another great time of my week was last Saturday. We were getting ready for english class and it was about to start and not a single person was there. This is after I kept on telling my elders quorum weekly that we had about 20 people coming out a week and that we needed members. Well the only person who was around thatSaturday was my Ward Mission Leader. So we were just waiting and within 3 minutes we had about 30 people show up. It was basically a parade going into the church. But my favorite part was the family that we met last week showed up and all of the little boys fell asleep in the car. Well the twin 11 year olds get out of the back and Tim was just so tired. So I asked him if he was tired and he just looked at me like who are you and walked into the church. I was surprised that somebody so young could give somebody a look like that. Then Kevin got out of the car and I asked him the exact same question and he responded in the loudest voice and as happy as could be "I'M KEVIN!" Those two boys are just the funniest little people I have ever met. We were able to meet with the entire family that night and they are just such a loving family. The Father isn't the biggest fan of religion but that's because Korea has been hit very hard with every type of religion right after World War 2 and I can see maybe 20 giant glowing red crosses from my balcony at night. And where the Korean people are very strong and blunt about the things they say sometimes they can end up in some arguments. But it's just like any other country and religion is always a touchy subject for a lot of people. We have just been talking with the family and telling them what kind of blessings all of it has brought into our life and the Father is just so nice to us. We basically told them that they are already an amazing family we just want to share more with them so they can have that opportunity to be even more happy through the gospel.

   Well that was my week pretty summed up. Our mission was hit by a pretty big flu this year and it made last week a lot more interesting. But we are all coming out of it pretty well and are excited for another week. I love all of you and I hope you have an amazing week.

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment