Monday, August 19, 2013

Eightieth Week Email

안녕하세요?

   Well there's another week that flew by. I can't even begin to tell you how much happened this week. It felt like every plan we had all week long fell through but by the end of the week we actually had a lot happen.

   I went on about 3 splits this last week so I think that's probably why I didn't feel like anything happened in my area but we saw a lot of miracles this week. I had one of the most confusing moments of my life. I had 5 different really old men calling me daily and wanting to do the english program. And every single one of them had a really thick accent and apparently they all thought I was fluent because they spoke really fast haha. Well after we finally got everything planned out we get to english class a my phones starts going off because nobody can find the church. So I went out trying to find all of these older men and it was a pretty interesting time when I have been in the area for 2 weeks and my companion is a new missionary. But after all of that confusion we actually sat down with Brother Yang who has to be one of the most receptive people I have ever met. He would listen really well and than think for a few seconds and would ask the best questions. He would actually connect some of the dots in his head as far as why we believed this way and why we believe that way. At the end of the lesson he just told me that he had always wondered about the mormon church and he said that everything so far sounded great to him. He had a lot of similar beliefs about religion. We then talked about his beliefs and he brought up some really good questions that he has always wondered about.

   Just like I was blown away by learning a new language and learning how much it takes to understand a new language, I think I have been equally blown away by what it takes to teach. Teaching is still probably one of my weaknesses, but I have never taught the exact same lesson twice. Of course it's because people are different but just being in a mission where every missionary talks about how they teach and how this method is good for this situation and this method is good for this other situation, most of these methods just end up contradicting one another. So now I have come to the conclusion that I can prepare as much as I can and I can have a plan in place but when I finish the lesson, we talked about nothing I had planned. That's where the spirit comes into play with everything I'm trying to do these days. I've seen a lot of people say my way is best and others argue with that but I'm basically at the point where if I could do everything God's way I would be the happiest person in the world. I know that I have to use all of the knowledge and experience He has given me and try my hardest but there are some days where I would rather just know what He wanted us to do here and I could just follow haha. I guess that's why I really like that quote of "pray as if it all depends on God, and work as if it all depends on you." Well that's Elder Jensen's thoughts of the week. It probably makes a lot more sense in my head but I guess we'll see how you think about it. I can see so many faults in my self and things I need to work on but they can become strengths so now I'm just trying to follow God's path for me. Mainly because my path doesn't work out a lot of the times haha.
 
   Well I love all of you and I hope you have a great week. I'm already looking forward to this next week.
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment