Sunday, July 7, 2013

Seventy-Fourth Week Email


안녕하세요?

   Well another week in Korea flew by here in Gwangju. It's been a really interesting week for me here. We started off the week by getting our new President. And that has just flipped the entire mission on it's head haha. As if transfer week wasn't change enough our entire mission changed. We also lost one of our zones to the Soul South Mission so there has just been a lot of change lately. But it's still amazing to see this giant change and push for missionary work in the church. And trust me it's keeping all of us missionaries on our toes. Especially when our Bishop drops a program on the ward called 7+2. In the month of July they want every auxiliary to have two people lined up for the missionaries to be taught and be baptized. It was dropped on our ward and they also introduced a book called the power of everyday missionaries. And I can't begin to explain the change in the ward, mainly because I haven't been here long but this stake is definitely hopping on the train of missionary work and it's been amazing. Just the feeling of the entire ward is amazing. I have never seen an entire Elder's quorum discussing something with so much energy and I'm pretty excited to see what can happen here.

   Other than that we had a pretty good week. It is the rainy season in Korea so that means if you took a long hot shower and got out. That feeling of a really hot humid room doesn't go away for the rest of the day. We also had a record amount of rain a few days ago and I got home and it was like I walked through a pool up to my stomach. This is always an interesting time of year in Korea.

   But probably the best part of my week was meeting our friends here in Gwangju who are just amazing. We have a friend who's in High school and we have been able to meet him a few times this week. It has been so interesting teaching with a fluent Korean all of the time. I love teaching with Elder Joung because I have just been learning from him constantly. Not just the language but it's been nice to see the culture and the relationships that he has made with our investigators. Our friend Brother Kim really likes us a lot and he's been really accepting the gospel well. He's starting to come to the meetings with questions and I still just kick myself because when I was his age I was off being a punk kid. But i have really enjoyed meeting all of these new people and it's still been a pretty great time here in Gwangju.

Well I love all of you and I have to get going but I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment