Sunday, July 28, 2013

Seventy-Sixth Week Email

안녕하세요

   Another week came and went and now the transfer is almost over. I'm not really appreciating this time situation. Somebody made a comment that I had 4 transfers left the other day and I had to get that out of my head pretty fast haha. But as always Korea was a amazing place this last week. We're all still working with all of the changes we have had lately and I feel like we are all doing pretty well with all of it. President Shin did do a round of visits and interviews this past week and I have just missed him since the MTC. And when I say they are changing things that means they are literally changing almost everything. We had a hour long conference call this morning with everybody in the mission and we will be doing that weekly. Also after they visited our house they called us about an hour later and said that they had already talked with the Bishop and we will be getting a new house because ours is pretty interesting....  Anyway we all have to pack everything up any day now to prepare for moving and I have no idea where we're going to find the time to do these things but we're missionaries, so somehow it will get done.

   Well this weeks are getting better and better here in Gwangju. Elder Jung and I had plenty of work going this week but somehow by a miracle we got everywhere we had to go. I had a split this week in probably one of the most beautiful places I have seen in a long time. I went down to Elder Jo in a city called Najoo, which is a pretty small country town in Korea. I also can't even put into words what kind of person Elder Jo is, because he has to be one of the most interesting person that I have ever met. Well I still remember just walking across this overpass in the middle of this giant valley that was just rice fields clear off into the distance until they reached the mountains. It was a really windy day and we would just watch these giant waves run across the valley of the tall green rice fields. And it was just peaceful as we visited some of the members in the branch who were just loving. Also Elder Jo was happy to have a foreign companion, because I have little kids stop and yell foreigner out in Korean and point at me all day. He just loved seeing people and as I started to talk to them he would just point and say foreigner and I felt used because I was from america haha. But we met some pretty amazing people that day and it was completely different from being in a big city. We would stop and talk to somebody about their farming as they were working in a field and the next thing I knew was that Elder Jo was going back next week to eat some of the fruits and vegetables they were growing and to talk to them some more. It was just such a nice feeling being out in the middle of nowhere with people who weren't afraid to strike up a conversation with anybody who came a long. I feel like all of you.... more experienced people must miss those days.

   Another nice part about last week was church. I can't speak for all missionaries but during my mission church has always been a little fast paced... When you have friends coming out and you're trying to make sure everything is okay with the people who are sitting with them and you have to run around to a few classes and share messages with the different classes, and we have to teach all of our youth who act like a bunch of teenagers haha. But I love them and I get to pick on the young men to get them going so it's completely fine. With everything like that going on at church it can be difficult sometimes to actually stop your thoughts and just focus on what's being taught and what's going on around you. When I finally did that yesterday it made the biggest difference in the world. And our ward and stake have been gun ho on all of the missionary work going on so it was such a nice Sunday here in Gwangju. I hope all of you feel the same way about your Sunday today as well and I love all of you.

   I have to get going now but I love all of you and you're all in my prayers. Have a great week!

젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment