Sunday, July 28, 2013

Seventy-Fifth Week Email

안녕하세요?

   Another week and i'm here again e-mailing all of you. But don't worry because it was a pretty great week. We had so much to do all week and when we finished with calls last night I was just done haha. But I still love that feeling so it was a great way to finish a week.

   Well we had a lot going on here. Our weekend was just so busy we didn't have anytime it felt like. The Gwangju Stake had all of the wards put together a big party for the Korean EFY that's coming up at the end of the month. They pretty much told us that we had to have all of the games and messages prepared so that's always fun. The Bishop of our ward just wanted us to build really good relationships with the youth and it was the perfect thing to do that. So I had talked a little bit about the ward I was in up in Jeonju and this ward in Gwangju and how they were very different. Well one of the biggest differences is the youth. The youth in this ward are just little punks sometimes and I absolutely love them. They back talk all of the time and they fight like crazy but i'm excited to basically pick on them like I needed when I was that age. Well we started the EFY party and it took us twenty minutes to get all of the kids to participate and get them off their phones but once that happened I can't even explain how fun it was. And it was one of those parties where everybody tells all of the kids to bring friends and nobody did because when you're that age you just don't want to. Who wants to go to a party with 5 foreign missionaries and when you think it's going to be boring and awkward the entire time. But we were able to have some of our investigators there and we planned well enough that at one point somebody was just on the ground from laughing so hard. And when it came time to talk about the EFY coming up it was pulling teeth to get them all in chairs again, but once it started it was great. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I'm sorry to everybody who had to put up with me when I was that age, but I can understand how you still loved me.

   We also had some pretty great meetings with our investigators and we were just out working. My companion is amazing and I am just growing to love this area and the member's more and more. Also this Stake is just hopping on the missionary train. I was able to see the Stake President who was in my greenie area and my ward mission leader and I was amazed that they could still remember me. That made my day a long with everything else that happened yesterday. We are in charge of teaching the youth out of preach my gospel for an hour every sunday and since we did that EFY party we just actually know the kids now. The mood of that class was completely different and we were able to sit down and just talk with the youth. Yes I still picked on the young men but that's because they need it. But at the end of the day we were told that one of the young women was planning on asking a friend to come to the next EFY meeting and it was just a great week. That's about my explanation for everything these days because I can't put in words the things I see out here.

   Well I have to get going but I hope all of you have a great week. I love all of you.

Elder Jensen


Here's the cookie game where you have to slide a cookie from your forehead down to your mouth to eat it. You have one minute and you can't use your hands.

The other game was that there was a tiny little candy inside a pretty big pile of flower and they had to get it out with their mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment