Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fifty-Second Week Email

안녕하세요

   Wow that was a fun week haha. It was one of those weeks where everything came together and we saw some pretty amazing things.

   So one thing I have been working o improving in my new area is our English class that we hold every week. I was use to a really big English class up in Suwon and we had a few weeks straight of nobody coming to our English class. But this week we were able to contact some members and one of our Sisters in our ward came out with her daughter and her two nieces who are actually going to start our English program this week. We were also able to have our member's son who is our Investigator come to English class and it was so much fun. We had pronunciation practice, taught some idioms, and then we played a game in english so it was so much fun. But that led to our Member inviting all of us out to lunch last Friday and we were able to have a great time with our investigator brother Kang. So now that has led to two other member families in our ward to saying that they would come this week and bring friends. So I guess our English class is back to where it should be haha. I really enjoy English class though mainly because in my last area it gave us an opportunity to see Sister Kim and Junesoo one more time a week and teach them some things that they didn't know about English. So that's what I'm looking forward to here.

   Well I think the really fun part about this week was yesterday haha. Sunday's are always interesting in Korea. But yesterday was a pretty fun experience.... Anyways we met with a new friend named Ben (English name) on Saturday and he's pretty cool. When we sat down we found out that he's a Pro at a Country Club in Korea and we spent the rest of our English time talking about Golf and getting to know each other haha. He actually chose his English name Ben because of Ben Hogan who is one of his favorite golfers. Anyways he was super interested in knowing more about our church. He grew up attending another church but hasn't been going to church lately. Anyways he was just asking the best questions throughout the entire lesson and he just wanted to know more. It was one of those lessons that you really feel like you did nothing in. Anyways he went and bought us food afterwards so we could take it home for dinner and it was just so much fun. Well I guess before the lesson I had to run to the bathroom and he was talking to Elder Rice (And we still haven't taught him anything at this point) well he ask Elder Rice when church starts and Elder Rice just told him 10 am. Well we were sitting there the next morning (Sunday) welcoming members to church and here comes Ben haha. That was a nice surprise and he was pretty excited to be there. During all of Sacrament he was asking me questions and during Gospel Principles he was asking questions to our ward mission leader who teaches the class. We also had Brother Kang there who was answering questions and participating very well. I felt like Elder Rice and I were there just to say the opening prayer and closing prayer haha. But my favorite part about yesterday was during Priesthood when a member in our ward teaches about blessings. And while I'm explaining blessings my ward.... ask Ben (first time to church and we met him yesterday) if he wants a blessing..... And our Stake President gave him a Priesthood blessing............. haha I love Korea. But I guess he took it very well and he was excited about our next appointment and English class. And our Bishop actually gave Elder Rice and I a really amazing blessing that I was very grateful for and he couldn't stop thanking us yesterday for that opportunity. And we just kept on telling him how grateful we were that he gave us the blessing.

   And another great thing that happened that took us off guard was Brother Kang and his Dad (our member) came up to us after church when we were standing with the Bishop and told us that he wants to be baptized next month. And he was just so sure of his decision. And we just told him that he was choosing the right thing. We set up the appointments to teach him the lessons and we are so excited to meet with him. We have just had fun being his friend and he has been learning so much from his Dad who is one of the strongest member's I have ever seen and he was baptized 7 months ago. I'm just so grateful I could be here right now just to see all of the amazing things.

   Well I'm out of time but I'm having a great week. I love all of you so much and I hope you have the best week ever. I'll talk to you next week ^^ (Korean smiley face)

젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment