Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fifty-Third Week Email

안녕하세요

   Well that's what a year feels like as a missionary haha. It's a strange feeling I'm not going to lie. I feel like it went by a little too fast but I guess I did spend almost 3 months in the MTC. It's crazy to think of everything that has happened in this past year and it's just all crazy haha. I think the thing that sticks out most to me about this past year is the people that I have met. I have met SO many people and I have made so many friends. I just remember being a greenie with my trainer when we would go to visit people. I would just try to eat as much as I could so that they would be happy with me and my trainer just took care of everything haha. But besides that strange feeling it was such a great week. When Elder Rice and I sat down last night to plan we were just exhausted and just happy.

   It was a super busy week with a lot of amazing experiences. We had a street boarding activity on Tuesday after our combined district meeting and it was so much fun. We have probably the biggest shopping center in our city by our church and we carried a box of Books of Mormon over there and gave all of them out and met so many amazing people. We have been contacting some of them lately and it is working out great so far. We also had about 25 random people show up to our english class this week and that was crazy haha. We were averaging around 5 and when we walked into the room last Wednesday I was a little surprised haha. We had a great class and our investigators loved the class. And right before that we met with Brother Kang and one of our Members and he taught us the first lesson haha. His Father has just been teaching him everything and Brother Kang has just been doing everything he needs to be doing to gain a testimony of everything and it's just amazing. Especially when we walked up to him after sacrament meeting yesterday and he was sitting there silently praying and you could just tell that he knew what he was doing. You could just tell that he was happy and he was talking to our Heavenly Father. I honestly couldn't help but smile and let him sit there. 

   We also met Ben this week a few times and we have just been friends from the start. He was honest with us about how he thought of our church before he met us and lets just say it wasn't very favorable. But he gave it a chance and he told us how he thinks now and it is the complete opposite. I always like to tell people that we are here to clear up some thoughts about our church that might not be true and then I always love giving them the chance to find out for themselves, and I really haven't had one person who has came out to church yet tell me that they still thought of us the same way. Ben is moving this week to go back to his job but he is really excited to meet the missionaries in his new city. He said he would be back probably 1 day a month and that he would let us know when he came back so we could meet up.

I think the thing I will remember the most about this last year is the people that I have met. I love them and they are truly my friends. I do miss a lot of them now but I'm excited for the friends I can make in the future and always give them this wonderful opportunity to know more. And always extending that invitation to be happier. I just think of Sister Kim and Junesoo and see where they are at now in life and how their testimony's have grown. President has allowed us to contact our last area once in a while just to see how everything is going and this last week I found out that Sister Kim is allowing her daughter Chaerim to be baptized this next month. She was always worried if she would be ready or not but just like Brother Kang she has been doing everything she needs to be doing to grow her faith in our Heavenly Father and I'm just so excited for Chaerim.

I guess I'm happy for the miracles I have seen. I'm happy that I can see how our Heavenly Father works in other people's lives and I just hope so much that I can play the smallest role in helping. I'm grateful for everything that I can do here and I'm grateful for all of you back home. I know how much I am loved by all of you and I am so grateful for that. I hope all of you know that I love you so much and I pray for all of you often. I hope all of you have a great week and I'll talk to you next week. Love you.

젠슨 장로

P.S. Just received his transfer call and he will be with his old MTC companion, Elder Brown. He is so excited and honored to be District Leader as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment