Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fifty-Fifth Week Email


안녕하세요
 
   Well this has been probably I week I will never forget haha. I'm just loving this area more and more as weeks go by. So I guess I'll just tell you how this week turned out. I guess to start I have to tell you that our mission is doing a 40 day fast. Each companionship has a day to fast and the rest of the mission prays for that companionship and their investigators that day. Well ours started saturday night and went into sunday and it couldn't have been more perfect. I guess I'll give you a little backround on the week so that you  can understand how Sunday came together. Elder Brown and I have been working great together. We talked about giving commitments last week a little bit during district meeting and we came up with the idea to play good cop bad cop haha. So I always play the good cop and I'm very nice but Elder Brown comes in with the commitments and it seems to be working out perfectly, especially for one of our friends named Kyongman. We have been meeting him for sometime now and it was going a long a little slowly but Elder Brown was able to ask him to come and hang out with us at church and he was excited for it. He has also been reading the Book of Mormon daily and we have been texting him questions at night and he really seems to like finding the answers. Well that all added up to him coming out to church yesterday and he had such a great time.
 
  The other part of our week was working with Brother Kang a lot so he could be baptized yesterday. We met with him for a few days straight including the day for his baptismal interview. We were sitting in a small room in our church and he was so nervous. He kept on asking me if he answered a question a certain way if it would pass. I couldn't help but giggle a little bit and just tell him the most important thing is that he's trying to follow Jesus Christ example. And  he could always just bear his testimony and everything would be perfect. Well he had a great time with our zone leader and we all went out to lunch after and found a really good mexican food place. Our friend Jack that we are working with showed up to congratulate Brother Kang on being baptized and it gave him a lot of oppurtunities to talk about his baptism. It was just fun and we are all just friends.
 
   Well that leads into Sunday which was our fast day. Everything turned out amazing at church. Our newly called Bishop had a meeting with us before church and he's making a big push on missionary work in the ward and it's such an amazing feeling to have our expectations lined up with our ward. We have members asking us all the time to come eat with them and bring friends. It's just such a perfect time to be in Jeonju right now haha. But everything went perfect. Brother Kang told us that it was a special day and his little sister actually came out to church to support him. Kyongman had such a great time and stayed for the baptismal service and the lunch right after. All of the other missionarie's in Jeonju were able to come a bring friends and there wasn't an empty chair in that room. And then there are no words to describe how strong the spirit was during the entire service. Brother Kang shared his testimony and everybody in the room knew that he meant every word he said. Then they always give the missionary's a chance to talk about the entire process of meeting with them and teaching them and I was so happy to be able to talk about Brother Kang in front of all of the member's. I could probably tell everybody how amazing he is for hours. And then we all watched a father who was baptized 7 months ago who has told us that he never stops praying for his kids and wife,aAnd at every oppurtunity he has he tells us how much he loves his children and how proud he is of them, we watched him go into the baptismal font with his son. I can't even describe the happiness felt throughout the entire ward yesterday. there was a smile on every face and It's something I will never forget.
 
   After that amazing experience Kyongman couldn't stop asking questions about our church. We were able to teach him so much yesterday and he had such a great time at gospel doctrine. He told us that he'll come out again next week and continue reading the book of mormon and our ward just loved him. After the most amazing Sunday I have had in Korea we went straight out and talked to as many people as we could see. It was so much fun because I have never been that happy during street contacting and it made such a giant difference. But we did meet a few people that we have plans on contacting in the next few days.
 
   And when I thought everything was done for the day I got a call late last night from my old companion Elder Jo from my last area. I was so happy to talk to him and get caught up. But he called to tell me something that kept me up all night with a smile on my face. Chaerim who is the daughter of Sister Kim (Sister Kim was baptized in my last area with her son Junsoo) was baptized yesterday. I love that family so much and I really really hope I will be able to see them again soon. But I slept for maybe a couple hours last night so that's probably why this e-mail is all over the place. But now all I can say that God is a God of miracles. He wants us to be so happy in this lifetime and I hope I never forget that. I love all of the people that I mention to all of you in every e-mail, and I love all of you. I couldn't be in a more perfect place then I am in right now. I'm going to have a great week and I hope all of you have an amazing week.
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment