Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fifty-Fourth Week Email


안녕하세요
 
   So this has been the most interesting 4 days of my mission haha. So Elder Brown and I have just been doing missionary work and it's so strange. Literally a  year ago we were sitting in a cinderblock room talking about how we were going to be able to live in Korea. And now we are having lessons with our friends and visiting our members. It's something that is still a little to comprehend but we are having such an amazing time doing it. And we have already seen so many crazy things happen and it has only been 4 days. I think one of the best feelings in the world happened to me last night. It was my first night to call everyone to get stats and really start thinking a lot more towards my training that I get to do tomorrow at district meeting. But I finally finished with everything and it was time to go to bed. There was just no time to do anything pretty much and I went and got ready for bed and layed down. I couldn't sleep for the longest time. My back, hip, and knees were sore and my mind was just racing. And I just had a smile on my face. It was just such a happy feeling and all I could think about was the week that we had haha. Well I guess I'll tell you a few things that happened.
 
   Well first of all we are working with our friend named Jack. He's just such a good friend and we talk to him almost everyday. He was actually taught about the church and was baptized in America and he is just really good friends with the missionary's. Well this last week he actually started coming to our english class not just to learn but he's coing to start teaching a grammer class for us every week. He's taken pretty much every test you can in Korea for English so I think that's going to be great. But he's just a friend who will help us with anything that we need and we help him with all of his english.
 
   But I think the most amazing thing that happened is that we met Brother Kang yesterday at church and during priesthood he told us that he wants to be baptized this sunday. And he was so sure about it. He just knew that this was going to change his life and he knew that it already has. He shared another amazing experience about prayer and told us that this is what he wants to do. So we told him everything he needs to do to be baptized and we taught a lesson with pretty much the dream team of memeber's in our ward. Our Ward Mission Leader, Brother Kangs Dad who is the strongest recent convert I have ever met, and Brother Kim who is actually leaving for a mission in a couple of months. We were teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and it was just perfect. We would just lead the lesson in the direction it was suppose to go and I could just look in any direction and there was an experience, testimony, or the entire principle taught in the perfect way. After that Brother Kang went to a fireside with the ward and he just had a great time. So we have a few appointments set up for this week and we have the interview set up and now I guess everything is up to Brother Kang. He's just like his father though and he has such a strong testimony already and you can really see that just being around him.
 
   I guess I'm just so happy to be in Jeonju, South Korea right now. I love my ward so much. They are making a really huge effort with missionary work and you can just feel that when you go to church on Sunday. You can literally see a person's attitude change when they are trying to share something they love so much with somebody they love so much. I also love my companion haha. Elder Brown and I were sitting in the train station on transfer day watching everybody meet their new companions and asking all of the normal  get to know you questions, and Elder Brown and I just looked at eachother and thought about what we were going to eat for lunch haha. But we know how to work with eachother and we skipped the awkward phases and just went straight to work. It's so much fun and he's helping me out so much with everything I have to do now. And I love my district and they are all working so hard. And I think my favorite part about being a district leader is not only being able to see the miracles that we see but to hear every night from the other missionarie's about their miracles. It's something to look forward to everynight after planning and I love it already.
 
Well I have to get going but I love all of you so much. I'm having a great time here and I hope that you all have an amazing week. I'll send some pictures off next monday so that you can see them. Love you ^^
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment