Sunday, August 4, 2013

Seventy-Eighth Week Email


안녕하세요?
 
   Well I'm now in my new area with Elder Allan who is from California. All I can say about this area is that I just love it so much. Elder Allan and I have just gone out and worked. These young missinaries are the best and it's really nice to have somebody who just wants to do the funnest parts of missionary work like contacting and knocking on doors. We worked really hard and he taught such a great lesson on the street yesterday and he's just pretty great. And the Investigators I have been meeting and talking with are just amazing. We are working with Brother GS and I have never met anybody like him. He came out to this giant English Village that President Shin hosted and he has been meeting us a lot and coming out to church. He came out yesterday to a baptismal service for a young girl in the other ward and he's just so receptive. He absolutely loved it and when some of the member's spoke very bodly like koreans do sometime he was just so sure about his answers. Like when a member asked him when he was getting baptized and he said in 3 weeks he just smiled. He's a pretty amazing friend already and him and Elder Allan are just the best of friends.
 
   But it's just been hitting the ground running these days. I almost became a little comfortable in my last area and now I'm here. We're meeting a lot of new people and people here in Daejeon are just so nice. We talked to this man on the street the other day who was wearing really dirty clothes and had a small dog and he was so nice. He told us his daughter lived in california and bought us some drinks, and told us to follow him. So we walked down the street with him and he pointed to our right and said this is my building and we were looking at this small run down two story building thinking, "that's nice." But it turns out he was pointing to the 15 story building behind it that he was completely redoing. But he was probably the most humble man I have met in a while and we talked about the gospel and the Book of Mormon and took off. He told us to call whenever or just stop by anytime so we're going to see him hopefully very soon. Things like that have been happening left and right since I came here and I'm excited to see what's going to happen.
 
   Well I have to get going but I love all of you and I'll talk to you next week! Have a great week!
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment