Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sixty-Second Week Email

안녕하세요

   Well what a very busy week in Korea haha. So I guess the big news right now is our area which turned into a five man house. And if all of you are wondering my new companion is.... (drum rolls) .... Elder Hughes. And I hope all of you can take a wild guess where he is from. Gilbert ARIZONA.... So that makes my 4th companion straight who is from Arizona. So I feel like I'm starting to receive some type of answer like there's something for me in Arizona sometime later on in life but I do not have the best feelings concerning Arizona. Mainly because all of my Arizona companions talked about Arizona all of the time haha. Anyways Elder Hughes is my 5th companion who is from the same area of Arizona and that's not counting Elder Brown twice.

   Anyways Elder Hughes is just amazing. He's super tall and every Korean just loves him so far. But we went up to Daejeon on Thursday and picked everybody up and this last group of missionaries was very big and the next one is going to be even bigger. But it was such a great time meeting Elder Hughes and meeting up with basically everybody I came to Korea with. It was such a great day and we got back to Jeonju and had a great night. haha I'm the worst to Elder Hughes though. He still hasn't unpacked pretty much at all. We were talking last night and he finally brought up that he was jet lagged and was sitting in a room for 9 weeks and came straight out and we have just walked around our entire area probably twice now. But he's doing so amazing and when he told me he was just grateful that we have just went out right away and did things. He's been saying hello to everybody he see's and no matter what they say (sometimes not the nicest things) He continues with talking to him and we have already met some amazing people in just 2 days of being out. And this area growing so fast has just ignited the ward and it has been amazing. We had such an amazing time at church and our Bishop got up and was talking in a combined meeting of relief society and Elder's quorum about member missionary work. And our member Brother Kang (He is the father of Brother Kang who was baptized a couple months ago) got up and gave one of the most amazing missionary stories and all I could think of is how he was baptized only 8 months ago, and how now he is just the most amazing example to all of the member's. Whenever we have any meetings with the ward or at district meeting he always seems to pop up for doing something amazing. And my favorite part is just seeing how happy he is all of the time because of what he does with the gospel.

   Well we have a busy week scheduled this week and it's going to be so much fun. I'll be going on a split every week from here on out because our district is huge now haha. It's such an amazing time to be a missionary and I'm so grateful. I hope I have so many more stories to tell you next week but just know that I'm having an amazing time and I'm meeting amazing people. I love all of you!

젠슨 장로



Elder Hughes and Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment