Monday, March 11, 2013

Sixtieth Week Email

안녕하세요

   Well another fun filled week in the trio this week haha. This is a really special situation I guess because we aren't suppose to do the training program with Elder Kim but he has not been to the MTC and we pretty much have to teach him about everything that missionaries do so it's been a pretty fun time.

   But we had a few things last week that were pretty fun. We all had to make the trip down to Gwangju last Thursday for mission tour where Elder Oweyagi....(That was my best shot at spelling his name) Anyways Elder Oweyagi and his wife came and gave an excellent training on effective study and some other very important things. And Sister Oweyagi worked really hard and prepared her entire talk in English and it was so great. They both have been working on their language so much ever since Elder Oweyagi was called as a member of the 70 and it was such an interesting meeting. During one of the talks Elder Oweyagi spoke in Japanese, and then they had a Korean her had served his mission in Japan translate that to Korean, then finally it made it's way into English for all of us foreigners haha. My favorite was Sister Oweyagi quoted something in the Mongolian language and that made the exact same route into Japanese into Korean and finally into English. Learning a new language has probably been one of the most interesting things of my life so far and I'm loving it so far.

   Well another thing that happened there was that we had a role play activity. And up to this point this had been one of the funniest mission tours I have ever been too. It had a really relaxed feeling to the entire thing and everybody had such a great time. Well the AP's introduced this role play and they told a story about a missionary who was role playing everyday of his mission but his companion was really sick one day so they couldn't role play. Well he put a orange on his desk and started role playing with the orange. So they gave us an assignment to build a relationship for 2 minutes and teach a lesson for 3 minutes. And of course the only Trio in our mission was called on.... So we went straight to building the relationship and it was the worst. Everybody in the room was just laughing really hard and at one point I just kept on passing the Mic between Elder Brown and Elder Kim. Elder Kim was bad mouthing monkeys trying to build a relationship. Elder Brown couldn't stop talking about colors and nutrition (He is a nutrition major) and then we had to turn it into a lesson somehow and they made me do it. So there were two bananas and one was missing so of course we went down the path of the Plan of Salvation and at that point I think President Furniss couldn't help but laugh. So that was my mission tour and that's all I heard about the rest of the day at mission tour and during nightly call ins.

   Anyways I promise that I learned a lot from that mission tour and we always love having those kinds of meetings. I think the other thing I have been thinking about alot this week is just how much I love my ward and my area. We had Ward Council and our new Bishop is really excited to do a lot of missionary work. But yesterday was hilarious because it came down to all of our Stake Presidency and all of the leaders in the Ward just talking to me only when I was in between two Koreans and just giving me so much advice haha. But my new bishop just loves us and it was a great meeting to get our expectations lined up with the ward. So I'm very excited to see how we can work better with Members over the next few months.

Well I love all of you so much and I hope you have an amazing week.

젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment