Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fifty-Ninth Week Email

(There was no fifty-eighth week email)

안녕!

   Well this has been a week to remember haha. To start off I'll tell
you about President Furniss's thoughts as he was sitting in a
testimony meeting with the 11 new missionaries who came in. President
told us that he was sitting there thinking that he had recieved two
temporary missionaries and he remembered assigning one of them to an
Elder up in Suwon but when he looked at the other temporary missionary
it dawned on him that he didn't assign him a place to live.... So
Wednesday night at 10:00 after nightly call ins we get a call from
President haha. Elder Brown answered and started talking. I had no
idea who it was until Elder Brown laughs and says I think you should
talk to the district leader about this one. So Elder Brown cops out
and hands me the phone and it was President asking if we could be in
Daejeon my 11 aclock in the morning. He told us that he didn't have a
lot of time to talk but that we needed to take in a temporary
missionary who was waiting on his visa. And then he told us that he
was sorry and that he had to go. So that was our night the day before
transfer day haha.

   But we do have Elder Kim with us now! Elder Kim recieved his call
to the Hawaii honolulu mission but he is waiting on his visa. Elder
Kim is from Poonghyang Ward in Gwangju which... if you can remember is
my greenie area. My Trainer and I worked with his family every week
while Elder Kim was at college in another city. And I absolutely loved
his family. I had only met Elder Kim twice before when he occasionally
made trips back to Gwangju for the weekends to visit family but his
Mom, him, and his younger brother joined the church back in 2008 and
she has been feeding the missionaries consistently and helping them a
lot ever since she was baptized. But yeah that's my other companion
right now.

   But it has been an interesting week. We were told that we aren't
training him because they want to do the 12 week program with him in
Hawaii. Also we can get a phone call any day and all 3 of us will stop
what we are doing and go straight to drop him off in Seoul at the
embassy. So this is going to be an interesting transfer. On top of all
of that it is only a 4 week transfer. Our mission has to line up with
the new 9 week training program at the MTC so this next group of
missionaries will be the first group effected by the new missionary
rules. Also I'm sure all of you have heard by now but there will be a
new Seoul South mission in July. And everybody who is in the Suwon
zone at that time will be going to the Seoul south mission. Our new
President was also announced and it is actually President Shin who has
been the Branch mission President at the MTC for every missionary who
has gone to Korea for the past few years. So I really can't wait to
see him again because we all love him so much.

   So the mission is chaos right now but none of us have time to think
about it. We had a few appointments yesterday and Elder Kim was able
to be thrown in the deep end and told to swim haha. I really forgot
how much they actually teach you at the MTC and we have been trying to
help him with everything. I assumed just because he was fluent in
Korean that he would just be able to do everything but we all have to
learn how to do missionary work. But he is doing amazing and he is so
much fun to work with. When he gave away his first Book of Mormon the
other day he had a grin from ear to ear and it really reminds me of
when I first started in the mission field. And Elder Brown and I have
just been having a great time with Elder Kim.

Well I'm going to have a great week so I hope all of you can have an
amazing week. I love all of you and I'll talk to you next week.

젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment