Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sixty-First Week Email

안녕하세요

    Well another fun filled week in the Daejeon Mission. It was a week filled with appointments, new people, members, and to end the week off the Sister's investigator was baptized yesterday in the Jungang Ward. I honestly have no idea how to explain my weeks these days other than they are just amazing.  A sad but happy thing that happened this week was that two of the older Sisters in our ward cried at us when we visited haha. It was super sad because they are having such a hard time but they were so happy we visited. First is Sister Jang who is just my favorite. She's so funny and just the Sister in the ward who is so spiritual but the funniest person there. Well she wanted to feed all of us but we weren't able to find a member to go with us and the time she wanted to feed us our Investigators were all busy as well. So we made her a really special message and we went to go say hi. She called me on the way and told me that her heart hurt and when we got there she was telling us to call the zone leader or the President to make an acception to the rule but we told her that we couldn't. She told us how she's just having a hard time and all she wants to do is feed us. Well just like a miracle a Brother from our ward called us and said he was on his way and our friend who lived a few blocks away got off his military service and said he wanted to see us. So just like that Sister Jang's house was filled and we had such an amazing time with our friend and our member's and Sister Jang was so happy again. It's so much fun because there's a way that you can talk in Korean that means that somebody is your friend and yesterday  at church when we were cleaning up after lunch Sister Jang was just going off about us and she told me that she expects to see us there with the same friend this week. It was just so much fun.

   We were also able to go visit Sister Iem who also has been having some rough times these days. And it couldn't have been a better situation. We have tried visiting her before but between trying to find a Member in the ward and our investigators it was rough but we have been able to put messages on her door since I came. Well she is a single mom now raising a young boy (who is acting just like I was when I was his age) and she needed help in hour house changing doors and moving some furniture around. Well exact same case where we thought we couldn't go that night but the same Brother called us back and apologized for not answering again and said he could meet us. We also met with Brother Iem who is in the same situation where he is living with his Mom right now and as we talked that night he was actually able to share a lot of his life with the Sister and help cheer her up and it was just one of those meetings I feel like I won't forget. I felt like I knew what Sister Iem our member and Brother Iem our Investigator were going through and it just felt comfortable to us to talk about the gospel and what we can become through the gospel. Sister Iem is now acting just like Sister Jang and told us that she expects us to be back with Brother Iem this week sometime. And when we left Brother Iem was telling us of how he thought about marriage and felt like it was impossible for a man and a woman to be together for this entire lifetime and we told him how our Heavenly Father has a different plan then that. That our Heavenly Father has a plan for our marriages to last for Eternity and Brother Iem has never thought like that before so it was just such an amazing experience to see somebody who starts to think eternally rather than this short lifetime.

   Well after this week I have even more respect for the amazing women of our church and to see how strong they are. Just like in our mission where the Sister's are always working in amazing ways the Sister's of our Ward are working miracles. I can't imagine where we would be as a church without the relief society and how much help they give to the entire ward. I've always been taught to respect women by my father and out of fear from my Sister Tawni but this week only added to that respect I have for our Heavenly Fathers daughters. I've always had such amazing examples in my life and I really came to appreciate that blessing in my life and even more in the past week.

Well I'm going to have an amazing week. I just found out that I will be heading up to Daejeon on Thursday and pick up my brand new missionary companion and start the training program. And that Elder Brown will stay with Elder Kim and Elder Brown will get a junior companion named Elder Lions. So that makes us a five man house until Elder Kim gets his visa haha. We also added one more sister to the area so that means our district went from 9 to 12 members. It's going to be a great time in Jeonju South Korea. I love all of you and I can't wait to tell you about this amazing week next monday.

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment