Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Twenty-Second Week Email


Dear Family & Friends,

Well another super fast week in Korea. It's strange to think that I'm halfway through my second transfer already and pretty soon I will probably be leaving Gwangju. But I can never predict what's going to happen with transfers. But I'll probably have to come back to Gwangju in the future either for general conference or zone conferences. Unless I'm up north for the rest of my mission which would also be great.
 
Well something amazing that happened this week in Gwangju was with that boy that we met on the bus last week. He ended up meeting us to go over to our ward barbecue and our Ward fed them so much. His sister came a long and they are both amazing at english. Well we got to the barbecue and we were just having a good time and just having small talk. We were running out of things to really talk about when all of a sudden his little sister screamed a really high pitched name. She screamed the name of one of her very close friends who is the daughter of our newly called Stake President. Apparently she didn't know that her friend was LDS but our entire ward including us were really confused. Everybody knows how two highschool girls act together when they are close friends haha. Anyways that changed the entire night just having those two being such close friends. Ward members make the biggest difference in missionary work it's hard to even explain. But from there on out we had fun playing ping pong and just talking the rest of the barbecue. At the end of the night when we started to introduce our church and the Book of Mormon the Stake President's daughter helped out so much teaching. And the Brother and Sister were very receptive to all of it. They both took a Book of Mormon and we made a return appointment. Well the Brother ended up texting us the next night telling us about how stupid laman and lemuel were all of the time and we just laughed.
 
Another amazing thing that happened this week is that we had a referal from Elder Anderson (My roommate at the MTC) and his Trainer. Well they had invited him to a baptism at the Stake Center and that's where we were going to meet him. He had met with Elder Anderson and his Trainer to learn english because he plans on going to the US later on in life. Well they hadn't talked about our church at all but he came to the baptism and when it was time they invited all of the non-members to come up and watch the baptism. The bishop of the ward started talking to him about how we baptize by immersion just like Jesus Christ was baptized and talked about that for a while. After the Baptism of course there were refreshments... We're Mormons there has to be refreshments. But when we talked with him later that night we told him about the 30/30 plan where we teach english for 30 minutes and the Gospel for 30 minutes and he said that was fine. He followed that by saying he wanted to talk about Baptism for our first meeting and it totally caught Elder Allred and me off guard but we just nodded and said sure.
 
I'm still amazed at everything I'm able to see out here every single day. I was talking to one of our Investigators and I was explaining how life is without TV and Phones. He thought that it sounded terrible and honestly at one point in time I thought it would be hard. It's such a nice break to pull out my scriptures and just read. The world especially Koreans have their phones glued to their hands at all times through out the day. Now it just seems like more stress and more of a distraction to me than anything. That's another blessing of my mission that I have added to the giant list of blessings that is growing everyday. Well I love all of you and I hope that you have an amazing week.
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment