Sunday, June 10, 2012

Twenty-Third Week Email


Hello Family & Friends!

So this week was a pretty fun one in Korea like always. Not a whole lot happened this week though. It was another testing week in Korea so basically we couldn't meet with any of our investigators. So that was tough but I did go on a split up to 첨단 (chum-don) which is the biggest ward in Korea right now. They have a young mens activity every saturday morning and I finally got to play baseball. They love baseball here and I'm so grateful that my Dad spent so much time with me when i was little teaching be the fundamentels (Even hitting me 3 times in a row because I was scared of getting hit and kept on stepping away from the ball...thanks dad). The pitching mound was super close and those 15 year olds tall Koreans can throw the ball pretty fast but I still was able to hit every time at bat. Except for the very last inning in the second game where I just got beamed. It would have hit my body but I blocked it with my left hand and my hand is just purple right now haha. But they had a couple of Investigators there so they had so much fun. After the game the bishop told us that he would take us and the investigators out to lunch and they took us to the nicest meat buffet which was super expensive. So we spent all morning and afternoon with the ward and we finally went back to teach such an amazing lesson. I was with Elder Lee who is still a pretty young missionary as well but we worked super well with eachother.
 
The rest of the week has been street contacting and door knocking the entire time. And the Humidity is getting up pretty high these days so sitting in those apartment stairways can be rough. But It's always fun trying to work on my approach and thinking about what I need to say. And working on pass off which is our memorized lines that we have to work on our entire mission. All of the other Native Missionaries always make me speak only Korean to them so it can be frustrating but it helps out so much. I just have to learn how to say everything in the most basic and simple way.
 
Well sorry there's not a whole lot this week. We have a bunch of Elder's staying at our house tonight because we have combined district meeting tomorrow. So it's always fun to have a bunch of Elder's around. Elder Yoon is my favorite native missionary here. I spent my language study with him just saying stuff that I wanted to say in lessons in english and he would just write it in Korean the way he would say it. I love the Korean people so much and they treat me so nicely. Even random people will offer to buy us drinks because we're out in the sun all day in church clothes. Koreans have a gift of giving. They just put whatever they want to give you in your hands and will not take no for an answer haha.
 
Well I have to go because we have a lunch appointment with a member and his wife. They are taking us and the Sister missionary's up to a huge buddhist temple that survived the Japaneese when they invaded. And what are we going to eat for lunch?.... just some 보신탕 which is...... drum roll..... DOG SOUP HAHAHA! don't worry everyone I'll send some pictures home next monday haha. I think alot of you aren't going to like this e-mail a whole lot. But I love all of you and I'll talk to you next week.
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment