Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Twenty-First Week Email


Hello Family & Friends,

Well I had such a fun filled/super busy week. So I'm pretty sure I told you about mission conference last Saturday. Well after that this weekend went like this: Friday we had 2 investigator meetings, and went to a fireside with another Investigator. Sister Dalton and Sister Stevens of the Primary Presidency (I think) came and gave great talks. We also had Elder Yashumoto (I honestly guessed at spelling his name) give another talk that night. We followed that up with Our English class and a Stake Testimony meeting with another Investigator. We had all of those meetings because Yesterday (Sunday) was a huge Stake Conference. It was so big because the Stake President who has been serving for 7 years was released and they were calling a new one. They actually called the second counselor of the Stake Presidency to Stake President who is President Oh. President Oh is from our ward and he has to be one of the funniest people that I have met in Korea so far. He knows a lot of English so just two weeks ago he was joking how he was no longer Brother Oh and that we had to call him Farmer Oh (Because he was going to quit his job and become a farmer). Then he made an excumminication joke and I was just sitting there laughing as hard as I could. He has also fed us like 4 times and his family is amazing. Our Ward helped out so much that day because they picked up two Investigators and took them to and from the Conference. Elder Allred and I were on a bus down with our other Investigator when a highschool student started to talk to us in english. I talked to him the entire ride down and he actually ended up going to Stake Conference with us haha. He had nothing planned that Sunday except for studying at a library right next to the conference center so he just thought that it would be fun to go haha. Well after we got his number and everything last night he called us and we're meeting him tonight with his Sister at our Church where we are having a ward dinner.
 
Sorry this letter is all over the place but my brain feels like that right now. We also woke up this morning and took one of our Investigators to our Ward picnic this morning. We had so much fun at a park clear out in the country side. We played a lot of games and ate a huge lunch so it was pretty fun. They played this game where they had ME read Korean sentences out loud and they would choose if it was true or false and whoever was wrong would lose. I honestly have no idea why they chose me to read Korean but I guess they thought it was pretty funny haha. I'm so happy that I have my sense of humour from my family because I constantly get made fun of here and I just laugh back at them haha. I think it's a lot easier when I can't understand some of the jokes haha. But it was such a fun time with our ward and now I'm e-mailing running back to our house and showering. And right after that we have to meet at the church with a our Investigator and that boy we met yesterday and his sister. I'm honestly just having a blast right now.
 
I think why it has been so great because everybody we're working with are making so much progress. Our Investigator who attended every meeting with us just loves everything about our church. He was talking with a less active who came to our stake conference yesterday in english and he straight up told him he started to meet with us for english but now he only comes for church haha. Our ward loves having him around too. Whenever we see our Ward now and Brother Lee isn't with us they don't even ask how we're doing, they always ask how's brother Lee? or where's Brother Lee? haha. We also found 4 new people in this last week that we have return appointments with and that attended meetings this past week so honestly it's just a good time right now. We have a lot of baptismal dates set but we still have a lot of work to do for those. We have regularly occuring meetings with some less active members who attended some meetings this last weekend.
 
Sorry I'm just super happy and super tired right now so this e-mail might seem a little strange to all of you. I hope that you can honestly feel that I'm just having the time of my life right now. I'm able to see so many blessings that our Heavenly Father gives to all of his children everywhere. And I get front row seats to see those blessings. Well i love you all but I have to go hop on a bus right now and get across town. I love all of you and I hope all of you have an amazing week.
 
젠슨 장로

P.s. we have mission conference tomorrow so that's going to be fun. I also showed my family album to most of my ward today and they loved all of you. There was a pretty great moment where they saw my friends page and they saw me hugging a lot of people (girls) and they asked if I had a girlfriend haha. Hugging is a pretty big deal in Korea so they thought that I had a girlfriend. Well I had a huge smile and I said the most basic sentence in Korean that I could. 저는 선교사입니다. I am a missionary haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment