Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Third Week Email

01.31.2012

Dear Family and Friends
   Wow.... I honestly can't believe the support and everything you did for Elder Breckwoldt. It honestly feels like a blessing for me seeing all of the support that I had for Elder Breckwoldt. Thankyou so much for everything! Elder Breckwoldt was having a rough day on Sunday until he walked into our classroom after sacrament and he had 5 packages and a happy birthday banner waiting for him (I'll send my camera card home soon). Let's just say Elder Breckwoldt now has more ties than all of us and he loves all of his presents. I gave him our home address so he should be writing very soon. And I really can't stop thinking about how grateful and how much I love all of you for your support for someone you have never met.
    So much has happened this past week it has been crazy busy. Did we get a lot of Native Koreans.... Yup. Do I love all of them..... Yup! Our zone is huge now and sounds a lot better when we sing our Korean Hymns haha. So awesome story about our teacher Brother Ball (kim min song yeah they lied to us for two weeks and we were teaching our teacher) So we were heading back to class after our computer language study and this was the day the Natives got here. Well we were talking with Brother Ball and we just hear his name yelled out from down the hallway. So long story short back when Brother Ball was serving in Seoul he went on a few exchanges with his roommates and he challenged this young man to baptism. Turns out this young man is now Elder Kang (Kong the korean language does not have an A sound) Brother Ball didn't even know what to say. After we all sat around and watched them talk we went back to our class and Brother Ball just talked to us for half an hour and told us about Elder Kang and other mission stories and I have never been so excited for Korea. It's crazy to think that I'm actually going to Korea and it still really hasn't hit me yet.
   Time seems to be flying by here at the MTC. All of us have been struggling with the language and Sister Judd was able to see that. She wanted us to know how great we were all doing for 3 weeks in so we had a game night last night in class. She would point up to a linking form like Because or In order to and we would have to say a compound sentence about the lessons we were teaching to our "Investigators" within 15 seconds. Everyone did amazing and we could all understand eachother so it was exactly what we needed. I was actually so excited about it that I stayed up til 11:30 last night just running Korean sentences through my head haha. But don't worry I still know that I'm going to be pretty humbled when i walk off that plane in Korea haha. I guess they are only teaching us higher form of Korean for teaching and talking about the gospel. There's a middle form which they use for day to day conversation. There is also a lower form which you use when you are talking to someone younger than you or when you want to talk down at someone. But I guess Missionaries always talk higher form to everyone mixed in with middle form a little bit just to show respect for the people of Korea. By the time I get back to the residence hall I usually just lay on my bed because I'm physically and mentally exhausted so sorry about the bad letter writing. Our room is the hang out spot for our zone though so we always have 10 people in there talking and I love hearing about all of the Elders life's. We really are growing closer as a District and it's going great.
   So the Elder that Tawni found on our mission blog Elder Peterson from North Ogden, he and I have been becoming great friends. We are the only Elder's in our zone who want to use the new free weight gym so we go on spits almost everyday. Between the ridiculous amounts of food and lifting 5 days a week I have gained about 6 pounds so yeah I'm not doing very good here at fat camp. We have been rowing alot on the row machines like we used at cross fit so that has probably saved us both a couple pounds of bad weight. I guess while we are talking about my health right after I was sick last sunday somebody decided to bring a head cold into our zone. I could feel a heartbeat in my sinus's and my eyes would turn blood red. I don't think I have ever felt my sinus's that bad but don't worry I'm already getting better. The MTC is like a breeding ground for sickness during the winter.
   Well I hope nobody is worried about me I'm having the time of my life. I'll keep all of you in my prayers and I love all of you.
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment