Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Second Week Email

01.24.2012

Dear Family
    So I think I'm on to the MTC. They can stick you in these tiny little cement rooms all day long and have this language just drilled into your heads for atleast 2 three hour classes. And after all that you can go back to your tiny cold bedroom and stay with the same people for 12 weeks. And when it comes down to writing e-mails home to family they send you to the Temple that morning... haha so pretty much it was the best week ever. I love going to the Temple! Elder Brown kind of had a bad mind set with going to do sealings because he thought they wouldn't take long so our district agreed to go do them mainly because none of us had the chance to do sealings before we came to our mission. So after Elder Brown had made the comment of they don't take very long and we had a companionship talk about why we go to the Temple, we waited for and hour and a half for a couple to come haha. Apparently they have all the regulars for Tuesday morning and none of them showed up. So long story short we spent 3 hours up at the Temple and it was probably the best thing for us. I love that we can be apart of Temple work and I love how it is just pure service for people we have never met. We have been studying a lot into the 1st lesson and mainly about God's Love for us and how we are all God's children and I think that it made our Temple experience that much better today. I'm a little sad that I won't have a Temple in my mission but that means that I can focus on my service to the Korean people even more. By the way my goal for the week was trying to keep a better attitude and study about patience. Well I guess I wan't to encourage anyone who can do Temple work to make it a priority in your week and those of you who can not to make it a priority to get there some day. I know that I never had the Temple in my life a whole lot so I think that I can see both sides and just from my experience I want to keep it in the rest of my life.
   So there's my spiritual challenge on the week. So I guess I could tell you how I was sick on Sunday night. I have just been pretty much force fed the entire time I have been here. It's basically an all you can eat buffet of school lunch. I'll be the first to admit that i need to watch my intake of this much food but it's been an interesting time getting use to a strict diet schedule. So I had a split with Elder Hunter who is in the older district who can hardly walk from an injury during gym. Both of his feet feel like they are on fire and he has had to fast to take his medication. But it really gave me a lot of respect for the older district and it also gave me a lot of insight on how I can make it 7 weeks in without losing my mind. So after about 5 hours of scripture study, reading talks, a small nap (I was sick so it's not braking rules), and talking with Elder Hunter it turned out to be a great day.
   I might need a little help though. So since I have been here I have been a little spoiled. I really hate asking for anything from anyone and I have always felt that way. The reason why I have felt spoiled is because I would go to do something and I might not have all of the necessary tools. Like shaving I would always think that I would just have my family send me my shaver that I forgot (you really don't have to I only have to shave every other day) and I have just kept this spoiled mindset with me. Well I guess I'll get to the point, there's an Elder Breckwolt in my district. I have already told you how close we are in our district and how jeoulous people are of us. Well Elder Breckwolt is a convert to the church and he is from Germany. He has never had a Father and the only family he has had growing up has been his mother. Apparently his Mother is pretty anti of the church and did not want him to come on this mission. He hasn't recieved one letter or package since he has been here and I couldn't imagine how hard that could be. So I guess i'm asking for a little help since Sunday is his birthday. Could anyone send anything for him even if it's just a Testimony or a happy birthday card. I was thinking maybe you could send down some of my Ties that I didn't bring because he really only has one tie. We're trying to have a birthday party for him and we just want him to know that we're so happy and blessed he's here. He brings a lot to district D and we want him to know that.
   Well all I can say is don't worry about me because I'm doing great. If anything I'm worried about all of you back home so thankyou for all of the letters and packages. I felt pretty cool that my picture book of my Family and Friends is huge and awesome. Thankyou to everyone again for helping me get here and loving me. I hope that all of you know that I love you.
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment