Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tenth Week Email


03.13.2012

Dear Family & Friends,

Well not a whole lot happened this week so this letter might be pretty boring. 2 weeks from today I´ll be laughing pretty hard because I won´t be able to understand a single thing that anyone says to me haha. But I´m so excited and we actually get our travel itinerary this week. We were also chosen to be host this week so that should be pretty fun to get some new missionaries and help them find their rooms and their classrooms. It honestly seems like yesterday when I was dropped off in the Ute mobile and as I was walking away I had the family that was screaming like a bunch of crazy people haha.
   TRC was pretty interesting this week... We had a 40 minute lesson on revelation through the Book of Mormon with a native Korean who is going to BYU right now. So basically a lot of the women in Korea are pretty shy when it comes to talking to men especially two Elder´s who stumble through the Korean Language (except our Native Korean Sister's). Our TRC Volunteer would not say a word! haha I asked if she could share an experince she had while studying the Book of Mormon and she laughed a little and said no. I would ask her some deep questions expecting some longer answers back and she would respond with yes or no haha. One time it didn´t even make sense when she answered with a yes so I went and asked Sister Judd if I said it right and she said that I did. At the end of the lesson we had her say the prayer and she was saying it so softly and Elder Brown and I were sitting there with our arms folded and heads down when it just goes quiet. We couldn´t even hear her say Amen. So that was a TRC that I wrote about in my journal.
   I can´t even begin to tell all of you how much I love the Native Koreans that we have here. There's an Elder Ahn here and he is hilarious. It seems so ridiculous to me that all of them can speak english amazingly. The first time Elder Brown and I saw the Native Korean Sisters I told them my name and asked what their names were and I asked them where they were from. As soon as I said that my name was Elder Jensen in Korean they just screamed haha. Apparently Koreans think that it's the funniest/coolest thing in the world that these two Americans can speak very broken Korean haha. This new District loves teaching us though. I have like 12 pages of Korean sentences that I just write out when I'm learning new 단어 (I hope that Korean word turned out and if it did it means Vocabulary) it sounds like Da-no. Anyways I have a lot of these sentences written out and the other day Elder Jeong came in our room and asked if I had any questions and he literally went through all of them and if there was something that needed to be fixed he would explain it and show me how to fix it. The Elders come and hang out in our room every night though so it's pretty fun.
   We had another chance to meet with Mary this week (김서은) and that was pretty fun. She has been keeping her prayer chart up to date and her Book of Mormon chart. I guess the Provo mission is the highest baptizing mission these days so the Elder's are just going non stop. So when Sister Judd went up to meet with Mary and the Elder's this week I guess they showed up 45 minutes late and they taught a quick lesson about faith and had to run out the door for their next appointment. So I guess Mary wasn't challenged to be baptized this week. They invited her to a baptism on Saturday at noon and she told them no because she had to meet with her missionaries at the MTC haha. I still don't know how I feel about that... I'm happy because she wants to meet with us but at the same time she could have gone to a baptism.
   Well that's my life at the MTC right now. I'm up to about 20 words a day and reviewing as much as I can. I'm trying to write out a lot of lesson plans and keep all of them organized. Our language lessons are getting harder and harder but everyone seems to be doing pretty well in District D. I worked out, played basketball, ran, and ate healthy food for the past couple weeks and I still gained a couple pounds haha so I have no idea what else I can do.They even allow us to go work out on P-days now and I have been doing that so I'm out of Ideas haha. Ohwell I'm that kid gaining weight at fat camp.
   Sorry that this week was a pretty boring week. But I love all of you and I'm so grateful for all of you in my life. I'm so happy to be here at the MTC and I think that I might actually miss it... If I ever have time to think while I'm in Korea. We got some letters from the Older District that left before us and they have gone non stop since they landed I guess. But I still can't wait to get there!
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment