Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thirty-Fourth Week Email


안녕하세요?
Are you at peace? Yeah Korean is so much fun.... and hard.
Anyways another fast week in Korea has flown by. It's so strange to me that it's almost September. This week was a pretty fun week though. It started off on monday with our Branch President and his family taking us and the Sister missionaries out for a p-day activity. Well he took us to this river clear out in the country side and we went fishing with him.... But instead of fishing poles we used throwing nets haha. It was probably the coolest thing ever. I caught a few and our Branch President caught about 15. Well He really likes taking the missionaries fishing and I think the reason why was after we had caught all of this 6-8 inch fish he sat us down in the water and handed each of us a fish. He pulled one out of the bucket and cleaned it was his thumb haha so of course I was excited to clean fishes with my hands but the Sister's hated it. After we cleaned them our Branch President's wife turned on the grill and they battered the entire fish (head, fins, and bones included) and fried them. He gave us an option to either eat them plain or deep fried haha. It was my first time eating every part of a fish like that but it really wasn't that bad.
After our p-day my District leader came to my area on a split and I went to his area with his companion who is in his 2nd transfer. It was a great time for both of us because we really had to speak a lot and get around the city that we both didn't know very well. We spent the two days walking around their area which is giant and seperated by a ton of mountains. It was so much fun though because we are having a district conference so we have been inviting so many people to come to that and so many people that we met just loved the missionaries. And they would always laugh after I told them how long I have been in Korea and how long Elder Culver has been in Korea. So after two days of just finding people and talking to a lot of people on the streets we traveled back to my area. Since we were having zone conference the next day we had those two Elder's stay the night at our house and had to wake up at 5 am to make it to the conference on time.
Zone Conference was really different this time. Usually we have 3 zones come together in Gwangju but I guess the area 70 told our Mission President to try having zone conferences with each zone seperately. But it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. I always love going back to Gwangju (my first area) because it just feels so familiar. But we had a great zone conference and I was not picked to give the required talk about a christ like attribute or the Joseph Smith story in Korean so that's always a relief haha.
Well there's my week. We also had a district ativity inviting people to english class in the Sister's area. but I'm out of time so I guess I'll just have to tell you about that some other time. As always I love all of you and I hope you have an amazing week.
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment