Monday, August 13, 2012

Thirty-First Week Email

Sorry everyone, Micah and I have been gone on our vacation so I wasn't able to send last week's out. Ryan didn't have too much time to write everyone so I edited what he sent me ;)

Hey Tawns,

So crazy week so far. It has been a huge holiday in Korea for the past
5 days so I could literally not get to a computer. Our city only has a
library where I can e-mail from so now I can e-mail you. Sorry I
probably won't write a big e-mail to everyone.

It sounds like you're having an amazing time in Europe.... so spoiled
haha. I loved how detailed your e-mail was and I laughed out loud a
few times. I can picture you and micah in the tiny stair well just
exhausted and giggling.

So yeah by the time you get this Elder Ward will be in america. My new
companion is Elder Clyde. He's from Springville, Utah. It's been a
time for adjusting haha. I love him and he's a cool kid but it's a 
time for adjusting. He's 2 meters tall so he's huge. But yeah with
Elder Ward I learned so much and he's a kid I would hang out with
after the mission for sure. But yeah I'm just super busy because I
have to introduce this area and all of our Investigator's so it's been
a lot of work.

Well yeah this week like I said I've had to really be the leader in
going places, introducing people, and really plan the lessons with our
Investigators and it's been fun. It gives me a small preview for when
I become senior companion and I think this is such a good thing for me
to experience. And my language has really had to pick up a lot lately.
My understanding is doing pretty well and my speaking is progressing a
lot. I'm making phone calls and planning meetings so it has been
pretty awesome. Elder Ward really encouraged me with my language and
really taught me a lot.

So yeah this last week has just been crazy getting Elder Ward packed
and heading up to Gwangju and working super hard with Elder Clyde but
I'm super excited to see what happens this transfer. I'm totally
having dreams with Korean in it and just sitting in a crowded place
with a bunch of Koreans speaking Korean feels so normal now. I think
it's just such a cool feeling.


I love Korean food so much. They have places here called kim bop na ra's
김밥나라 and they are like the mcdonald's of Korea. They are everywhere,
super cheap, and super delicious. It is sucha missionary place to eat
now. And I think I have told you but since my mission started now I'm
eating onions, tomatoes, peppers, and seafood like it's nothing. It
actually tastes good to me now.

 I love you!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment