Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nineteenth Week Email


Happy Mothers Day!
 
So I would like to start this letter off by telling everyone how much I love my Mom. I am the person I am because of what I have learned from the people around me. I spent more time with my Mom and Siblings growing up than with anybody else. I miss those days of just being a kid and being loved non stop by our loving and caring mom... And getting food made for me haha. A thing that I have been trying to focus on out here in my mission is love and charity. My Mom is one of the most loving person that I know and she never wants to let us down and I think that she is such a great example for me. I still think my earliest memory that I have was that we were riding in the van somewhere and I kept on telling my mom that she was black haha. When I was little I only knew white people, black people, and asian people. She would laugh and tell me that she was brown (Navajo Indian) but I would still disagree with her haha. So I tell everyone that I thought my mom was black for the first 5 years of my life. I'm so grateful for everything my mom has done for me in my life and I want to tell everyone that I love her so much. As well as all my other moms that have influenced me in my life, you know I love you all!
 
Well I talked to my family today and it was the strangest thing ever. Isla and Kairie both talked to me and it was so strange to hear them. They have gotten so big. But this week was a pretty great one in Korea. The weather has been so nice this week and it makes me really not look forward to the rainy season. Apparently it rains for a month straight and it's super hot and humid all the time. And my umbrella already broke this morning so now I have to go buy another one haha. I usually don't brake things but for some reason everything is breaking on me out here haha. When i talked to my dad today he told me about the e-mail where I said I broke my camera and he just laughed and said that i was still Ryan.... whatever that means haha.
 
Well we had some great lessons this week but our investigator with the baptismal date wasn't able to come to church so we have to reschedule so that's never fun. But we made some great progress with a few other investigator's. One is Brother Lee and he loves coming to church. He's about our age and at first he just wanted to show up to church and meet people. Well our ward loves him and we have a schedule of dinner's to take him to with a few of our member's. And after church we asked him if we could start the lessons and he was fine with it. He wants us to help him quit smoking and he wants to talk about baptism next time so that took us by surprise when he said that.
 
We have also been struggling finding new people. We are constantly street contacting and knocking doors. People love the few lines I can say in Korean and I'm definitely playing my american card a lot over here haha. Native Korean missionaries hate it haha They always talk about how American's never have a problem with finding people because everybody loves to talk to us... It's a little true. But other than finding people the Missionary work is going along great. It's pretty nice to have every second of my day planned but the only down side is that time is flying by so fast. I passed my 5 month mark last week and that seems so crazy to me. It feels like I just walked off that plane yesterday.
 
Well I love my mission and I love all of you. The language is coming along... slowly but it's still coming haha. The people are great and i love them. Have a great week everyone!
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment