Sunday, April 29, 2012

Seventeenth Week Email

Hey Family & Friends!
 
   Well this week was great as usal. We have been so busy time has just flown by. So this training program for new missionaries is getting pretty... fun.... haha we have an extra hour of companion study and language study everyday so we don't leave the house until after lunch most days. Elder Allred said that I will probably go crazy just like he has haha.

   Some of the cool things we did this week was english surveying alot. It's always fun just to say hi to a ton of people and they usually laugh back at you because you're speaking english. And it's always fun to hang out with our district and the other district. All of the other Missionary's just watch me and Elder Anderson talk and laugh about what we talk about. They thought that it was hilarious when we walked into a coffee shop last week called Coffee and cat. There's like 30 cats in this small coffee shop and apparently people just hang out with cats and drink coffee. I would e-mail from that coffee shop but I'm allergic to cats.

   So this will be a shock to everybody that knows me. I can now eat onions, peppers, tomatoes, and seafood. Our Ward Mission Leader took us out to a pretty expensive seafood place last week. They served us a grilled fish that they basically just cut a couple times and threw on the grill. They also served us this crab soup that had all of the pieces of the crab in there and it was so good. The one that I was super scared about was the raw crab that they gave us. All you do is bite on to the crab and suck the jelly like meat out haha. I hope this is disgusting some people out because the best part was that you would take the head shell and put rice in there and stir up the crab brain and all of the juices and eat that haha. It was suprisingly good haha.

   We also got invited to the bishops house for the first time. Our Bishop is a super busy man and Elder Allred has never been there in the 12 weeks he has been here. Elder Allred said that it was basically because I was their first greenie in a long time and that they love me. We had dinner with the Bishop and his family, the Ward Mission Leader and his family, the Second Counselor in the Stake Presidency and his family, and the Sister's we share the area with. Turns out Elder Allred and I weren't on the same page about the message we were going to share at the end of the night haha. I thought we were going to give a family message but he started to share a message about the Book of Mormon and Christ. When He turned to me I gave my best testimony I have given and after we shared the message the Bishop's wife chose me to pray. After I prayed they just complimented me so much haha. I was basically silent the whole night because they were talking about day to day stuff so I didn't understand a thing. So they were happy that I could atleast talk about Church related stuff haha. I'm so grateful for what they taught us at the MTC haha.

   Another awesome thing that happened this week was we challenged one of our Investigators this week to be baptized and he said yes. He was the one with the Girlfriend who is a member in France. He told us straight up that he wasn't planning to meet with us when he came back to Korea but when his girlfriend dragged him to the church a couple weeks ago he had a really good time. He loves to help me with the language alot and we have another appointment with him this week. So that's always fun to look forward to. I'm so happy that all of our Investigator's understand how hard it can be when it comes to learning a new language so they are patient when I have to pause for a second or two. They always encourage me and write new vocabulary in my vocab book for me haha. I hope Tawni doesn't edit this out but I was showing an Investigator my family book and he thought my family was very handsome. When I talked about Tawni and how she can be a princess he taught me how to say princess complex in Korean haha.

   Well I'm off to go to a amusement park/zoo today with my zone and the other zone so that should be a great time. I love all of you and I hope all of you are having a great time in Korea.
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment