Monday, October 14, 2013

Eighty-Seventh Week Email

안녕하세요?

   Wow I can honestly say that I felt the same way as President Monson in saying that was one of the most spiritual conferences I have ever been a part of. I spent the last two days inside the church with our members and other missionaries watching conference and we geared up for it for the past couple of weeks. We were out visiting a lot of people most days and inviting them to come out and have a great time. We saw so many miracles all weekend long and I couldn't imagine spending the weekend any differently. It was one of those weeks where everything came together and now I'm just sitting here with a smile on my face and a good attitude haha. I'm really grateful for everything right now and it almost seems as if everything seems great. There's nothing like feeling the spirit so strongly and receiving answers in so many different ways. So many miracles inside of our area that we all experienced and now we're blessed with so many new amazing people to meet and others who started to just progress. We met with so many new members who have not been coming out to church recently and they were amazing. Street contacting was just amazing this last week. District meeting was very spiritual, splits were full of miracles. On top of everything our saint of a member even dropped by this morning to give us a ton of food right when we were almost out, and talk about her nephew that has shown a lot of interest in the church and learning English. My e-mails conveyed that everybody is doing good back home and they are all happy. I figured out a lot about myself last week with life decisions and I saw others do the same. Everybody in my district worked miracles this last week and everybody had so much progression and I met all of the people we talk about nightly at general conference.

   I guess what I'm really getting at right now is that I am happy. I have received so much from so many. Probably the most important thing about all of these feelings I am having is that I'm just living with this happiness. I have learned on my mission that it is so easy to look back at how I've reached this point and justify why I can be happy with what I have been through, or even to look forward and think with a poor attitude that this happiness will probably go away this next week with hard times. There's so many things to distract me from feeling this happiness right now and who would ever want to do that. So what I'm really saying is that I'm just trying to live without distractions on what I feel right now, to keep a great attitude, and be very thankful for everything I have received lately and this is just another great thing that I have been trying to learn out here.

   Okay sorry I will calm down now. I just realized I basically typed any thought that would come to my head and that's how it turned out. But I guess I can tell you a little more about some of those miracles.

   So Friday night Brother Kim (I know I always say brother kim, lee, or park but it's such a common name) called us and said that we should go get dinner with him and he wanted to tell us something. So we came to pick us up and while we were driving to the traditional Korean mushroom soup restaurant he told us in a very quiet nervous voice that he had some plans to tell us but he could only tell us after dinner when we drove up the mountain. So of course I was a little nervous about the news and the plans he wanted to tell us but he said that we had to hurry and eat and drive up to a view point above Daejeon. I guess I have to let you know that when I came to the area Brother Kim had not been out to church since the time he was baptized and he was unfairly labeled by some missionaries as a member who just wants help with English. Well Elder Allan and I spent some time with him one time and he just showed up to church the next week. By the following week he was enrolled in some of the religion classes taught by members from around Korea. He has helped us with lessons, dropped off food for us when we were sick, shared testimony often, and even bought me a cheesecake on my birthday. Brother Kim has been experiencing a lot lately but when he told us that he had news and future plans in that kind of way we were a little nervous. He only just started coming out to church for a little over 2 months now and he had already expressed some difficulties about coming out. Well he took us up to the view point and we didn't have much time but we got up there and waited for a little bit. He finally said that he would tell us what he wanted to say. He pointed across the valley to the north side of Daejeon and asked us if we could see a giant monument on the other side of the valley. We said yes. He then told us that that area would be a perfect place for the temple in Daejeon. I can't explain the feeling of just peace that came to me and Elder Gibbons and he went on and on about the area and how Daejeon would be the perfect place in Korea  for another temple because it's the center of all travel in Korea. The neighborhood he chose is a perfect place because it's very clean and residential and the spot could be seen from almost every where in Daejeon. He also said it was close to his house so he could visit often.

   I could probably go on and on about this last week but I am out of time. I'm happy these days. I'm excited for this week because now we just have to go out and work harder. And don't worry. I'm not at ease and I know there's still a lot more progression to be made and I'm happy we get to help that out. I love all of you and I hope you have a great week.

젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment