Sunday, June 2, 2013

Seventieth Week Email


안녕하세요?
 
   Well what another fun filled week in Korea. Life is good and it's warming up really fast. It finally made it up into the 90's with a fair amount of humidity so now it feels like summer again. But the nice thing about summer is it just seems like everybody's moods are so happy. Elder Hughes was talking to me when he came here and everything was dead outside and it was gray for the first week and he was really surprised, but now it's bright and Korea is just amazing with all types of flowers and vegetation.
 
   Well now that you have the weather report it was a great week. We spent the last week as a district with a very big focus on finding new people to meet with. And one of the best things about being a district leader s hearing about everybody's day at night. And this week was just full of amazing stories. it has been nice because we have this Present for President Furniss before he goes home and that's to write all of our miracles and make a little paper crane and send them all to him before he finishes his mission. So for the past week in our districts we have been using the word crane instead of miracles and this past week has just been filled with cranes. Our mission was hit with a pretty bad cold that has put a few people in bed in our district, including Elder Hughes so those are always interesting days. I opened up one of our 4 inch ring binders full of records and spent the entire day on the phone and it was really interesting to be able to contact all of these people who have meet with missionaries before. I'm always happy because most of these people even though they stopped meeting the missionaries just love us. So I always find myself in some interesting conversations with the people that I call and sometimes I hang up and Elder Hughes ask me if I was talking about North Korea or water purification haha. So I always enjoy making phone calls.
 
   Other than a few sick days all of us missionaries were able to meet with the Bishop in our ward and he is just amazing. We were able to make some really amazing plans for the ward and it was probably one of the greatest meetings I have ever been in as a missionary. And Bishop Kim was all over the place teaching us Korean to giving us a lot of direction for the ward so it was a great time. We are also in the process of working with the ward to plan a fireside and everything is turning out great. The ward pretty much makes it all possible and I cannot stop continually thinking about how amazing this ward is. I would be more than happy to spend some more time here and don't worry President Furniss is very aware of it haha. Well I have to get going but I love all of you and I hope you have an amazing week.
 
젠슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment